Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March Cookies - Take 2

As we all head into warmer weather, what better than a Springtime theme for Cookie Challenge #90 over at the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge Blog !! Our inspiration photo is full of bunnies, chicks, ducks, eggs and fabulous spring colors . I had recently bought a couple 6x6 paper pads at Tuesday Morning and knew they would be perfect for a Spring-themed project. Our fabulous sponsor for this Challenge is Little Blue Button Stamps


I don't send many Easter cards or have many Easter stamps, but I did recently buy a few at the amazing Hobby Lobby clearance. I found wood-mounted stamps clearanced for $1 and $2 dollars so somehow they jumped into my cart. I do love wood-mounted stamps but have been trying to downsize recently to make my stash more manageable !! As usual, my card did not turn out like any of the ideas I had in my brain, But I am thrilled with it and now just need to decide who to send it to. 


Spring is in The Air

  • Using  a piece of pale yellow Bazzill card stock, I made the card base.  
  • The floral images were from a piece of Pebbles "Garden Party" paper . I cut off the 4th floral design in the bottom right corner and placed a piece of coordinating paper from the same pad in its place. 
  • The Easter basket is a Mason-Row stamp from Hobby Lobby. I used Memories India Black Ink to stamp the basket onto Stardust White cardstock, as well as a few scraps of coordinating spring-colored paper.
  • I cut out the basket and eggs, colored them with some favorite markers and then adhered them to a fussy-cut basket image. 
  • I popped up the basket in the lower R corner of the card with Tombow foam tabs, then positioned a Tim Holtz Small Occasions sentiment above it.
  • To complete the card, I placed 3 sequins above the sentiment and numerous rhinestones and pearls on the flowers.  
  • All items were adhered with Tombow Adhesives -  both MONO Permanent Adhesive+ Runner and MONO Aqua Liquid Glue.

Take a look at my teammate's projects here and be inspired  by their Spring designs.  Each challenge is open for 2 weeks. Link up one of your own creations by April 4 for a chance at a prize from our sponsor this time, Little Blue Button Stamps. 


Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity 

Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment