Welcome to the first Day of the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop !! The team from Skipping Stones Design will be bringing you some coffee inspiration with projects of our own and I hope you will take a look at all of them here. For my project, I decided to use some hoarded paper, non-traditional colors and a few of my favorite things. So make your favorite cup of coffee, tea or cocoa and relax with some fun inspiration from the Skipping Stones Design Team.
- I placed a silver doily on the left side of a Recollections snow-flake card base and a strip of turquoise glitter washi down the left edge of the card.
- The coffee cups from the Funny Coffee stamp set were stamped on several patterns of paper from my hoarded Dear Lizzy Christmas collection from American Crafts, using Memories India Black Ink. The cup handles were also stamped on some plain white card stock, in order to fussy-cut the area inside the handle and then color them to match the card base color.
- I fussy-cut the coffee cups and added brown glitter to the coffee area. The cups were then stacked along the right side of the card.
- Using a matching piece of music paper, I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Song stamp set and adhered it at the top of the card with foam dimensionals. All other elements were adhered with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue.
- A piece of rustic twine was wrapped several times along the inner edge of the washi to complete the card.
Doilies, washi, and twine are a few of my favorite elements to use on cards. I love the non-traditional colors of this one !! After the card was completed, I realized that the words on the tag at the top of the card - " Oh, what fun it is to ride in a " - matched up perfectly with the words on the middle coffee cup - " open sleigh ". Not planned, never even thought of that while stamping or cutting. Just a happy accident, but I love when things like that happen !!
I hope you will also take a look at all of the amazing link-ups at the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop . Thank you for visiting Meticulosity. Please sign up to follow my blog if you haven't already.
Debra Davison / Meticulosity