Another collaboration from me & Celeste for May. This month,our challenge was to make a children's card. I do not have any young children or very many kid-themed stamps, so I had to put my thinking cap on for this one... I remembered that I had several stamps that had sayings by children on them and finally chose the one I used today. Our guest this month is Sybrina King, who is involved in the Send a Smile 4 Kids campaign, that collects and distributes handmade cards to patients at Children's Hospitals. We are thrilled to have her join us !!
- For this card, I started with a Molly & Rex watercolor card base . I placed a few different washi tapes at the top and bottom of the front of the card. The Llama washi and striped washi are both made by Recollections for Michaels.
- On a journaling card from the Project Life "Charming" Edition Core Kit , I stamped the fun Inkadinkado image using Memories India Black Ink.
- A butterfly was punched from a piece of scrap patterned paper that I had in my stash and then stapled to the top left corner of the stamped image,
- The journaling card was adhered at an angle using my Bazzill Marathon Tape Runner. Kids often do say the darndest things and I think this advice is perfect.
- If you're feeling blue, try painting yourself a different color !!
And now on to our Llama -----
Funny story about the Llama. I bought the tube of washi for the unicorn design that was included and wondered what I would EVER do with Llama washi tape. I am involved in a fabulous postcard swap group called the Love Notes Postcard Project and this Round, I was lucky enough to be paired randomly with a friend, Anne Ryan. Well, she outdid herself by sending me this wooden Llama postcard that she bought and embellished on the back with a lovely mantra. So, immediately, my Llama washi came to mind and I used it on this card to send to her.. So if she sees this blog post before the card arrives in Washington state, the cat is out of the bag, so to speak... But I wanted her to know how much she means to me and also how thrilled I was to get to use my Llama washi !! Coincidence, I think not ?!?!
Please check out Celeste's card at her blog - Crafting Junky. I have a feeling that it is going to be Dino-Mite !! And you will be inspired by Sybrina's project at her blog - Taking Life One Page at a Time . We would love for you to leave us comments and also to follow our blogs.
This month's coffee is brought to you by a wonderful Iced Coffee - Hazelnut Cinnamon Roll from Guy Fieri ( yep, he makes coffee too. ) I am using one of my Starbucks Reusable cups that I bought for $2 . This is a design from last year and I still love it. Bright and springy !! I hope you have enjoyed our collaboration for the month of May. If you would like to be our guest sometime, please contact me or leave a comment here with your contact info. I look forward to seeing you back here next month and hope we have inspired you.
Debra Davison / Meticulosity