I am posting my third and last Think Pink card today in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I absolutely love this stamp set and in the process of buying it, I also made a new friend. I saw a card online that was made with this set - Awareness Ribbon Set #2 . The company is A Creative Journey With Melissa. You can read all about this wonderful company and my new friend Melissa Langford Mueller HERE.
- I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the Sizzix "Dotted" Embossing Folder and mounted it on a bright pink card base.
- I stamped the intertwined ribbon from Awareness Ribbon Set #2 on a piece of pink BasicGrey paper, then fussy-cut it out.I then colored parts of the ribbon with a pink marker.
- The words were stamped onto scraps of red, white and pink paper with Memories Black India Ink, then cut into banner shapes.
- I mounted the heart in the lower Right corner using foam tabs. The flag banners were placed on the upper Left side and adhered with Tombow Mono permanent adhesive.
- A piece of Maya Road 'Pink Lemonade' Twine was tied around the top of the card.
Cancer has touched me personally many times - my mother passed away of lung cancer in 1996 5 months after her diagnosis/surgery, my brother at 42 years old of colon cancer in 1996 only 1 year post-diagnosis and I had Thyroid Cancer surgery a little over a year ago. There have also been many other family members and friends who were faced with this diagnosis. In my 30+ years as an RN - 27 of those in Critical Care - I also dealt with what cancer does to those patients diagnosed and also their support systems. But I also have never met a stronger, braver, resourceful group of people in my life. I support those I know who are faced with this diagnosis as a way to give back to those who cared for my loved ones. And to those who cared for me.
I hope that you like this card.... It's a nice way to send some Love, Encouragement, Support and Hugs to someone who needs their day brightened. Thank you for visiting Meticulosity. I am always grateful for your time and your comments.
A Creative Journey With Melissa