Today starts the Halloween Challenge over at the Skipping Stones Design blog. All of my teammates and I will be making something with our fabulous SSD stamp sets. We would love for you to join us by linking up a project on our blog page here. You do not have to use SSD stamps but we encourage you to if you can. One lucky person will be chosen at random to win a SSD stamp set of your choice !!
Since I didn't have any SSD Halloween stamps, I had to get a little more creative.. And since this week is also the week of the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop ( and we are one of the Super Sponsors ), a coffee cup came to mind. And SSD has some fantastic coffee stamp sets !!
- I used a coffee cup from the Coffee Volume #2 set. The image was stamped twice using Memories Black India Ink , once on plain cardstock and the second time on a piece of Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells patterned paper. I then cut the coffee sleeve out of the patterned piece.
- The Kraft card base was prepared by using strips of Tim Holtz Idea-ology "Materialize" Design Tape of orange and black glitter. The All Hallows Eve greeting and elements on the coffee sleeve are also from Steampunk Spells.
- I paper-pieced the patterned coffee sleeve onto the coffee cup that I had fussy-cut and then added several elements and rhinestones. The lid of he cup was colored with a Stampin' Up marker and a touch of shimmer was added with a Clear Glitter Wink of Stella Brush.
- Several rhinestones and a small pearl completed the Greeting placed on the left side of the card. The coffee cup was added to the Right. I hope you like my first Challenge card.. It shows that you can create a themed card even without any stamps of that exact theme !!
- I will also be linking this card up to the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity.
I hope that our Halloween Challenge inspires you ..